Sunday, January 22, 2012

MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION...& THE STRAWBERRY PLANT

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION
I know each and every one of you woke up this morning wondering what my New Years Resolution is. By the way is there a rule like not speeking wishes that if you talk about it or say it aloud that it will not come true? (I sure hope not) You have to understand I know I'm full figured so loosing weight should be just a given..not my resolution...however..my resolution is out of guilt. Let me introduce you to my 4 year old son's former pet strawberry plant this Pet strawberry plant went from store to store with us he even cried once because I would not let him take it into church. Oh yeah and do you like his outfit he picked it out I like it kid has his own unique since of style. Mom got a little tired of toteing the pet plant from store to store...so she said the plant would be happier if it lived in the ground. In the begining said pet strawberry plant was happy...until one day someone got very busy (aka mom) with a little baby inside and neglected to water it (my younger son)..see it was too hot for baby to go out and his very fair skin did not do well either so mom and baby spent a good portion of those hot days inside...poor pet strawberry plant was neglected...and passed along to strawberry plant heaven...may it rest in piece.
So my resolution grow the best pet strawberry plant this year!!! And try my best not to let it die...I promise nothing..but will do my best google research & strap a hat and sunscreen and unbrella over that baby and get to watering.
Also I'm considering a small contained herb garden. Not sure of the design yet but I found a few ideas I thought  I would share with you below. I love to cook with fresh herbs so why not give it a shot. The pyramid stacked planters is made from palettes imagine that more palette ideas cool! The last wood herb garden is my favorite and pretty sure it's the one to hold herbs and strawberrys alike.
 I love the wine cork glued on a skewer for garden labels what a cute idea.
You know what recipe the fresh herbs would be delish on my chicken in wine sauce easy easy recipe here it goes try it it's delish. I usually serve with green beans and stove top stuffing.

3-4 frozen is fine thawed less cook time chicken breasts
1 can of cambells brand NO healthychoice cream of chicken condensed soup
1 cup of white wine use the cheapy stuff by vinagers and olive oils at walmart White House brand I think
1/5 regular size bag of sharp cheddar cheese

Place frozen chicken breasts in a aluminum foil coverd rectangular bake pan or pyrex glass baking dish...I pam out of habit

scoop out soup and spread it ouver chicken do NOT be fancy plop it on

pour wine over mixture also add about half soup can of water you want a good amount of juices in bottom of pan about 3rd to half a inch atleast if not more it's not a exact science

 sprinkle on chease and kinda stir into soup wine were you can

. Bake at 425 for about 30-45 min.

..serve with love

and if you find yourself with some fresh basil and parsley thyme or oregeno throw some on it and a dash of lemon and pepper mmmm


Pinned ImagePinned ImagePinned ImagePinned Image
Scroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment